TrueSport Coaching Certification
Course 1: Developing Your Coaching Philosophy and Ethics
- Develop a set of ethical guidelines for your coaching practice that are mindful of the moral development of your athletes.
- Explain your coaching philosophy, understanding that coaching is mentoring.
- Employ ethical coaching methods based on personal moral principles.
- Foster and facilitate sportsmanship and ethical behavior in your athletes.
- Employ decision-making strategies and quality coaching methods to navigate difficult situations with athletes and parents.
- Appreciate the importance of effective communication with parents and athletes and understand your role in fostering it.
Course 2: Understanding Supplements and Energy Drinks
In today’s “quick fix culture,” dietary supplements and energy drinks are ubiquitous, leading athletes to believe that the more they take, the better they will perform. However, both dietary supplements and energy drinks pose risks. Through firsthand accounts of athletes who have lost their Olympic dreams or become seriously ill from supplement and energy drink use, coaches will learn about their potentially devastating consequences. In this course, coaches will gain an awareness of the complex supplement landscape, learn the differences between energy drinks and sports drinks, and become equipped with instructive nutrition and recovery strategies, enabling them to guide their athletes to improving their performances naturally.
Course 2 Learning Objectives
- Recognize the complexity and challenges of supplements and energy drinks, and educate your athletes and their parents on the potential associated health risks.
- Understand the difference between energy drinks and sports drinks and identify the dangers of energy drinks.
- Instill healthy training habits and the importance of proper nutrition and hydration in your athletes.
- Guide your athletes in becoming better decision-makers by having honest, open conversations with them about their choices.
Course 3: Navigating Performance-Enhancing Products
- Identify some of the most common performance-enhancing substances and methods used by athletes and why athletes might resort to their use.
- Recognize the warning signs of performance-enhancing drug use.
- Utilize the resources available to you in order to learn more about performance-enhancing substances.
- Instruct athletes on the importance of drug-free sport.
- Effectively and ethically handle situations involving performance-enhancing substances and methods with your individual athletes .
Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE).